Friday, February 22, 2013

My love for quiche !

I love salty pies in general. Especially the ones with some cheese in it.Melted, grated, sliced, whichever way prepared cheese is always my friend :)
Making and eating pies is quite common in Estonia too, but when you say "pie" here, most estonians think of a sweet pie,something with apples. Something their grandma makes.
SO my first salty pie i ate in France and it was a quiche. Since then i can't stop baking different quiches myself here and making my friends fall in love with salty pies too.

My basic quiche recipe
250 gr of flour
100 gr of cold butter
3 TS of cold water
pinch of salt

Mix the flour with salt, cold butter and water either with a food processor or by hand. Put in the cake mould to rest in the fridge for at least 1 h. Then heat the oven to 200° and bake for 10 min.

The filling :
3 eggs
2dl creme fraiche (or i substitue it with estonian sour cream of 20%)
1 dl of full cream (35% fat)
salt
pepper
200 gr of ham
grated cheese ab 100 gr

I usually beat the eggs, add all the other filling ingredients and pour it all on the baked crust. 200* oven and 30 minutes :)

*sometmes i substitute the ham with 100 gr of broccoli and 100 gr of goat cheese, add some fresh herbs and some grated parmesan cheese. Then it isn't the typical quiche anymore, but tastes delicious as well!

And some photos of my creations





No comments:

Post a Comment