Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thank you foodies !

Next runner up of my favorite recipes is a pound cake, adapted from this lovely blog LOTTIE + DOOF. I love love looove to search for food blogs and was especially happy when i found this one. The lovely pictures and creative recipes gave me just the kick i needed to plunge into my kitchen again and not to give up.
Yes i am still new to the world of blogging, and yes my pictures are far from what people are posting these days. But hey, i bet even Julia Child didn't bake her perfect charlotte chantilly aux fraises with the first time. I  get inspiration from other blogs often, but I hardly ever copy everything (except for macaroons, gotta watch out with these !) , i always like to add my own little zing and touch to make the recipes more like me.
This time i added the wonderful gooseberries i had picked from my garden yesterday, and instead of olive oil i used rape oil, which is more commonly used here.


Almond gooseberry cake

125 gr of all purpose flour
60 gr of almond meal
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
3 medium eggs
50 gr palm sugar
50 white sugar
100 ml rapeseed oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
100 ml of rapeseed oil
100 ml of grapefruit juice
100 gr of gooseberries

It was actually quite easy to make.
The overn should be ab 180° degrees.
Mix all the dry ingredients together (flours, baking powder, salt)
Whisk the eggs with the sugars until it's a bit bubbly and fluffy, then add oil, juice and cinnamon.Mix well again.
The worse part is cleaning the gooseberries, no thank you to the black ends !
Then pour the liquid mix to the dry ingredient mix and mix them with each other. Pour the mixture into the pan, i used a long bread one, but a round 9 inch one would work fine too. Then add the gooseberries.
Bake for ab 30 - 40 min or until it's golden on the top but nice and moist inside.





No comments:

Post a Comment